FFSC’s Skill Pavilion was a key feature of the Delhiwood 2023 exhibition. From March 2-5, the pavilion provided solutions for a skilled workforce for woodworking and furniture-related industries.
The Skill Pavilion, which was launched in 2020, is a unified platform to connect industry, professionals, students, and institutions. At the pavilion, the FFSC team engage with industry partners to guide them about approaches to skilling, and how they can avail of benefits offered by the government through the Skill India program. They also counsel professionals about careers in woodworking, and the growth path they can achieve through appropriate training.
Some of the key achievements of Skill Pavilion are:
- More than 160 MoUs signed with industry partners who have become FFSC’s #SkillAmbassadors. These include 130+ manufacturers and 20+ designers and enablers.
- Industry partners from 23 states and 3 Union territories, including international visitors from Bhutan, Russia and Italy, showed interest in working with FFSC and supporting the Skill India initiative.
- 7,000+ upskilling and re-skilling opportunities created.
- 700+ apprenticeship potential captured.
- More than 60 companies confirmed interest in setting up skill academies.
- More than 40 industries expressed interest in improving the quality of instruction so that learners could be introduced to new technologies.
FFSC is thankful for the support from NürnbergMesse India, Canadian Wood, Caple Industrial Solutions, Finesse Interiors, Zorin Interiors, Decora Kitchens, and MVS Global for making the #SkillPavilion a success.